Sharon Oliver Consultancy Ltd arranges Independent Appeal Panels to hear admission appeals from parents whose children are not offered a place at their preferred school.
About the Role
We are looking for people to join our team of clerks who provide advice and support to Panels at their Admission Appeal hearings. As clerk you will need to acquire a good working knowledge of the School Admissions and Appeals Codes and associated equalities legislation.
Appeal hearings take place during the daytime and the majority of hearings take place virtually through the Zoom platform. The busiest times for school admission appeals are between April and July each year when appeals may be held over several days most weeks, during term time especially in the summer term.
This is a self employed role; which will require you to work on an Ad Hoc basis. Payments are made on a per appeal basis at a competitive rate.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and encourage diversity.
You will need to have:
- A good standard of education
- The ability to understand the School Admissions and Appeals Codes.
- The ability to relate to a wide variety of people.
- The ability to deal with sensitive issues in a tactful, confidential manner.
- The ability to provide advice clearly and confidently to individuals and groups.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to take accurate notes and write clear decision letters.
- Effective administrative and ICT skills.
- You will be working from your own home and will need a computer and a reliable internet connection.
- Good time keeping and organisation skills.
All necessary training will be given.
If you would like to know more, please email Sharon at email@example.com